Why You Should Never Have Spiders and Cockroaches in Your Home

Aside from making your home unsanitary and spooky, cockroaches and spiders also cause all sorts of health problems. Here are some:

  • Salmonellosis

Cockroaches are scavengers. They contaminate food, utensils, destroy fabric and leave stain odour and stain to surfaces they crawl. The worst is, they spread ranges of diseases including salmonella.  The virus can remain in their digestive system for a month and is deposited through their vomit and faeces. That’s why it is important to clean your kitchen and to avoid attracting them in the first place. In addition, make sure that there are no food crumbs and keep your leftovers in sealed containers.

  • Leprosy

Along with other insects, cockroaches are also the carriers of Mycobacterium bacterium which is known to cause leprosy. The bacteria can spread through the cockroach faeces and saliva. Some common symptoms of leprosy include muscle weakness, numbness in the arms feet and legs, etc. Although this is not life threating it is advisable to receive urgent treatment once you feel the symptoms as it can result in permanent damage to the skin, nerves and eyes.

  • Lyme diseases

Although it’s often thought to be a tick-borne illness, spiders are also believed to spread Lyme disease.  The typical symptoms are fever, headache and skin rashes. If left untreated, the infection can damage the heart and the nervous system.

  • Spiders Carry Venom

There are 43,000 varied species of spiders that are found in the world, and 30 of them are the most dangerous. Whilst not of all the spiders in your house contain venom, it is still important to get rid of them to make sure. Some easy ways are regular vacuuming, and spraying vinegar or peppermint oil in all the cracks of your home.

  • Call Professional Help

To prevent the danger caused by these pests, seek help from North Brisbane Pest Controller specialise in Cockroach and Spider treatments. They are cockroach and spider control companies that will make your home safe and pest free.